SUMMARY: This position is accountable for the sale of tickets and control of receipts for assigned events through the supervision of subordinates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
1. Manage Box Office personnel (full & part-time), interview and hire personnel, oversee training, evaluate performance, make recommendations to improve both individual and team performance, and meet with employees to discuss goals, give feedback and develop plans for growth and improvement.
2. Develop and maintain training material on Box Office policies and procedures.
3. Demonstrate excellent customer service skills, respond promptly to customer inquiries and requests, and train all Box Office personnel in customer service standards.
4. Assist in overseeing ticket window operation, estimate personnel requirements for ticket window, develop schedule, assign windows and cash drawers to sellers, and troubleshoot equipment issues.
5. Analyze historical data regarding trends in the events or repeat events to ensure optimal coverage and excellent customer service.
6. Foster and maintain strong working relationship with Promoters, Ticketmaster, Vendors and Director of Booking, and other internal and external stakeholders.
7. Coordinate event setup with Ticketmaster and promoter regarding pricing, scaling, production, holds and manifest, VIP packages and parking for each show.
8. Provide a detailed seating chart for TM to create static and ISM (Interactive Seat maps).
9. Coordinate marketing efforts with Ticketmaster to increase ticket sales regarding each non Pacers/Fever event.
10. Create Splash Pages for Non-Public offers thru Ticketmaster and Multi-show events.
11. Discuss group opportunities with promoter in conjunction with Pacers Group Sales Department.
12. Communicate and distribute event information to various departments and ticket sellers regarding ticketing protocol for each event regarding event setup, on sale, presale, pricing/scaling map, discounts and VIP packages.
13. Assist in event setup using TM Archtics regarding Suites and Krieg DeVault Club Season Ticket Holders.
14. Distribute group information and oversee group sales regarding non-Pacers/Fever events.
15. Utilize TM360 to create sold maps, reports analyzing trends/demographics, web conversion and manage inventory by using inventory control.
16. Setup Feld and The Harlem Globetrotters on Tixtrack. Each promoter uses this program for pricing/scaling and sold maps.
17. Manage and balance TM accounts regarding platinum seating, consignments and venue buys.
18. Request ESG security to control crowds during advance ticket sales for popular events.
19. Coordinate and implement marketing efforts on shows with the Director of Booking upon the promoter’s request.
20. Distribute detailed floor maps to Event Coordinator, Event Setup, Security, Event Supervisor, Promoter and Ticket takers to ensure seating has been correctly marked for each event.
21. Plan, communicate and execute ticket relocations if event warrants relocations.
22. Assist ushers with seating solutions during events.
23. Troubleshoot ticket issues regarding 3rd party, TM Ticketfast 2nd print tickets, complaints from patrons and TM Scanners and printers.
24. Complete or review various status reports, review audit report, and complete sales status reports and the final Box Office statement for each event using best practices.
25. Prepare Box Office bank deposits for assigned events, ensure pick-up by courier, and maintain records of deposits.
26. Process any internal orders for non-Pacer/non-Fever events from venue holds for employees and clients as a backup to the Box Office Coordinator.
27. Attend meetings when necessary, including weekly Facilities Staff Meeting, Facilities Operations Senior Team bi-weekly meeting in absence of Box Office Director, and bi-weekly meetings with full-time box office staff.
28. Create, coordinate and maintain up to date event stats for various departments.
29. Perform duties of ticket seller if extra window is needed.
30. Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
College Degree Preferred
3 – 5 years of ticketing experience.
Experience successfully managing and leading people and teams.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret instructions and reports. Ability to write reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from Manager, Clients, Customers, and the general public. Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to consistently deliver outstanding customer service.
Knowledge to apply mathematical operations to daily tasks. This would include using basic math concepts to analyze costs, perform customer transactions, develop and interpret reports, etc.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret directions and technical diagrams.
PROBLEM SOLVING REQUIREMENTS:
Employee must make independent decisions when supervising subordinates and dealing with the general public. The employee must exercise discretion in scheduling personnel to minimize labor costs.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to:
Use 10 key calculator
Speak, hear and write
Employee should have a good working knowledge of and a high level of competency in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, Outlook, Powerpoint & Windows. Experience with Archtics (or related ticketing system) and CRM platform is a plus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the office work environment is usually moderate.
The noise level in the Fieldhouse/game environment is usually loud.
The stress level may become high during certain times of the year.
About Pacers Sports & Entertainment / Bankers Life Fieldhouse
Pacers Sports & Entertainment is the corporate identity exemplified by Bankers Life Fieldhouse, Indiana Pacers, Indiana Fever, Fort Wayne Mad Ants, and Pacers Foundation, Inc. Its team of inspired and dedicated employees promises to deliver quality entertainment and unparalled service.