The Education Coordinator assists in all aspects of IAVM education offerings including but not limited to: ensuring all education and meetings staff are successful in communication with its members. The Education Coordinator will organize and maintain basic education operations throughout the organization and work closely with the Professional Development Manager.
• Confirms speaker contracts and agreements and organizes details re: arrangements and contact information.
• Responsible for all phases of speaker coordination for IAVM which includes collecting speaker bios, photos, contract coordination, making hotel accommodations, providing flight assistance, obtaining audio visual requests and sending follow up and reminder letters to presenters with upcoming deadlines.
• Communicates with IAVM committee members and program chairs.
• Assists, as needed, on various activities such as: collecting and researching speaker information for the preliminary brochures and programs, developing and collating the meeting evaluations, collecting and transforming speaker PowerPoint’s, etc.
• Attend internal meetings as deemed necessary.
• Work with volunteers.
• Maintain speaker/education section of event database.
• Schedule conference calls.
• Responsible for webinar program development and webinar coordination, including registration, sending reminders, training presenters, scheduling and facilitating webinars.
• Maintains comprehensive records of all past programs, speakers, topics, and other educational materials for IAVM, including a database of such records.
• Maintain files for past meetings and events.
• Coordinate staff travel for education department.
• Coordinate IAVM’s Life Safety Training.
• Performs other duties as appropriate and as assigned.
Special Characteristics and Abilities:
Ability to prioritize effectively.
A strong team-player.
Dependable and punctual.
Excellent organizational skills.
Excellent computer software skills.
Passion for customer service.
Bachelor’s degree in related field.
Years of experience may be substituted for degree.
Working knowledge of meetings and events industry, one or more years’ experience.
One or more years’ experience in customer service.
One or more years’ working with volunteers preferred.
Experience in providing support on educational programming development and delivery.
Experience or working knowledge related to curriculum development.
Must be highly organized and able to work on multiple tasks, priorities and time requirements; correspondence forms; competency in communication skills and computer literacy to include proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat.
Knowledge of curriculum design, adult continuing education theory, and program evaluation techniques preferred.
Knowledge of public assembly venue management or ability to learn content of the field.
Able to take initiative with very little direction, completes work accurately and on time.
Proven communication skills, both oral and written, and excellent organizational abilities desired.
While performing the duties required of the Education Coordinator, there will be a requirement to sit, use hands and fingers, handle and feel objects, tools or controls, talk and hear.
The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms.
The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel and crouch.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Behavior and Attitude:
Maintain a professional, service-oriented attitude with staff, presenters, members, and non-members.
Possess excellent telephone etiquette skills.
Respond positively to directions.
Participate as a cooperative team player with the staff, and possesses a team-oriented, collaborative philosophy.
Able to work independently and utilize personal initiative and creativity.
Personal accountability and a passion for exceeding expectations.
An understanding and appreciation for differing cultures and nations.
Respect office policies and procedures.
Additional Salary Information: Please provide salary history and requirements with your cover letter and resume.
About International Association of Venue Mgrs
The International Association of Venue Managers is the world's largest professional association dedicated to issues relevant to the management of public assembly venues. Members of the association manage public assembly venues such as amphitheaters, arenas, auditoriums, convention centers/exhibit halls, performing arts venues, stadiums and university complexes; or provide products, services or attractions to support the industry. IAVM has more than 5,500 members worldwide. More information is available at www.IAVM.org.