A premier Tampa Bay sports and concert venue is seeking a seasoned Venue Operations Manager skilled in Operations, Facilities and Events Management. This is a lead position reporting directly to the COO and/or General Manager. The Venue Operations Manager will be responsible for all facilities maintenance & repairs and for the event operations staff for all Tampa Bay Rowdies home games as well as Big3 Entertainment concerts and events at Al Lang Stadium. The primary goal of this position is to provide leadership and hands on management in accordance with established responsible goals and objectives for the position – some of which are listed here below.
Nature and Scope of Position:
• Create and monitor master building maintenance plans, budgets and schedules (yearly projects, seasonal maintenance and game/event preparation).
• Coordinate with contractors on any facility issues that need to be remedied through the day to day operations of the building; it is extremely important to ensure the venue is in proper working order even when the events are not occurring in the stadium.
• Perform regular facility and building walk-throughs to identify problems and develop solutions. Ensure a comprehensive maintenance program is in place for all facilities infrastructure and equipment.
• Coordinate all logistics for event lead up and preparation for events within the building, coordinating any permit requirements, city compliance codes and outside vendors.
• Coordinate with grounds crew all event setup for concerts or events that require usage of the playing soccer surface.
• Coordinate with outside organizations for event staffing, i.e. Police, Fire, EMS, Concessions, Custodial, Security and Ushers.
• Work closely with event staff to ensure guest experience training occurs to ensure the best experience is provided to all guests. During an event in the venue, must appoint volunteers and extra staff to ensure the event is smooth and functioning.
• Coordinate with vendors and sponsors for event logistics.
• Service as a liaison between Big3 Entertainment and Tampa Bay Rowdies.
We are seeking a candidate for this unique opportunity who can demonstrate strong knowledge and experience operating a multi-purpose venue.
Candidates most possess a strong commitment to customer service and the guest experience, integrity, leadership and be able to work in a fast paced environment.
A minimum of three years’ experience in facility or stadium management.
Must be hands on, organized and outgoing.
Business management, interpersonal and leadership skills are key to the success of this position.
Additional Salary Information: We offer a full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance in addition to a 401(k) plan.
About Big 3 Entertainment
Big3 Entertainment Group is the parent company of Big3 Records, Big3 Studios, and Bill Edwards Presents, Inc.
Encompassing a full spectrum of services including recording, music delivery, venue management, live event promotion and production.