The Rushmore Plaza Civic Center provides and maintains a user-friendly facility for entertainment, concerts, plays, conventions, sporting events, and civic gatherings to enrich the lives of the people in the Black Hills area. While doing so, we provide extraordinary customer service and safety standards which provide a memorable experience for all Rushmore Plaza CivicCenter guests.
The community of Rapid City, South Dakota is the "Gateway to the Black Hills" and just beyond our city lays Mount Rushmore, Chief Crazy Horse Mountain Carving, and countless acres of natural beauty including Custer State Park, national forest, and wilderness preserves! We offer a progressive work environment with fantastic benefits, including employer-paid health insurance premiums for employees at the single-tier and 6% matching retirement contributions.
About Our Job
Our growing Corporate Sales and Marketing department seeks an experienced, motivated sales professional to join our team. If you're interested in combining your passion for entertainment with your successful track record in sales, we want to speak with you! Job duties may include (but are not limited to):
• Sales Generation - maximizing revenue while developing long-term relationships with clients.
• Acts as a contact for Civic Center event partners, suite holders, corporate and advertising sponsors.
• Acts as client liaison to coordinate meetings with said partners while negotiating contracts and scheduling events.
• Assist in the organization and coordinating of site tours of the facilities with clients, which may also include responding to written and telephone requests for advertising, suites, and/or sponsorship availability and rates.
• Conducts presentations and distributes proposal packages. Requires knowledge and use of marketing and graphics software.-Participates in the long-range efforts to increase economic development in the community and generate revenue for the Rushmore Plaza Civic Center.
• Proactively solicits new business opportunities by conducting effective sales calls, making out of office sales calls, and presenting to potential partners while preparing and distributing related reports.-Develops and maintains professional relationships with the area and industry hospitality partners and clients.
•Serves in rotation with other designated staff members as Manager on Duty for major events.
About You We are looking for a dedicated sales professional that has a strong competitive spirit. Someone who is creative and able to adapt to meet the needs of the client. This individual must have the ability to quickly establish personal relationships through trust and empathy while providing a consultative approach to every sale with each client.
Our ideal candidate will:
be an excellent listener, assertive, persistent and persuasive
be adaptable and can think on their feet
be willing to accommodate to a flexible work schedule as some nights and weekends may be required
be willing to get involved in the community as building relationships and networking will be important in this role
We understand your time is valuable, so we encourage you to apply if you possess one of the following minimum requirements:
Bachelor's degree in business administration, sales, marketing or related field and three years experience in facility management, event coordination or related field preferred
Associate's degree in business administration, sales, marketing, or related field and five years experience in facility management, event coordination or related field
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and seven years experience in facility management, event coordination or related field.
Additional Salary Information: with the potential to earn commission
Internal Number: 201800041
About Rushmore Plaza Civic Center
We are a multi-venue, city-owned facility offering a 10,000 seat arena, 1,750 seat fine arts theatre, 5,000 seat ice arena, and 250,000 sq feet of convention space, all under one roof.
BACK TO TOP
IAVM is grateful for
the support of our
GET IN TOUCH
Have a question for us? Weâ€™d love to hear from you! Fill out this contact form, and weâ€™ll make sure the most appropriate department receives your message.