Our Booking & Ticketing Department is seeking a full-time Manager for Ticket Operations. This position will oversee and maintain all ticketing aspects for VStar Entertainment Group’s growing portfolio of Theatrical and Exhibition events, including ticket inventory and revenue. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in ticketing software. The ability to communicate with respect and diplomacy across all levels of business is essential to this position. Maintaining knowledge of current ticketing trends in the entertainment industry is an essential element to this position.
Major Areas of Responsibility
• Build and maintain all events for VStar shows (scaled map/presale/ onsale/price adjustments, etc.)
• Manage and control all ticket inventory to ensure that revenue is maximized including: detailed analysis of ticket pricing, scaling, and VIP package
• Develop recommendations and clearly communicate results of analysis to senior management. In the case of specific pricing levels – communicate recommendations to appropriate staff within the booking and marketing departments
• Work closely with Ticketmaster and other ticketing companies to develop supplementary ticket revenue streams through various applications such as Pricemaster, dynamic pricing platforms, discount ticket and re-sale platforms i.e. Groupon, StubHub, etc.
• Identify new ticketing opportunities or platforms for potential projects; manage initial creation of ticketing procedures, web interface, and set up for said projects
• Work closely with and advise the VStar Marketing team and Road Managers regarding show schedules, ticket scale, and pricing for each engagement
• Oversee all touring box office staff, training, operations, and reporting • Create weekly sales analysis / reports for VStar shows
• Continue innovative education as it relates to ticketing operations
• Primary VStar point of contact with industry ticketing companies as well as all venue box office staff
• Issue and track all comp tickets for VStar shows
• Maintain VStar database and create financial and historical reports for various departments as needed
• Assist in negotiating VStar ticketing contracts (Ticketmaster, Groupon, etc.)
• Assist the Sr Director of Booking with show budgeting as needed
• Assign duties to the Booking/Ticketing coordinator as needed
• Attend Ticketing industry events and conferences as directed
Previous experience and understanding of Ticketing / Box Office Operations within the Theatrical or Live Event Industry in required
Enjoy and have demonstrated experience with being detail-oriented, excellent organizational skills, professional interaction with management personnel, vendors, an ability to work efficiently, accurately and effectively under pressure, and ability to complete and prioritize tasks in a timely manner
Have proven experience in ticketing software
Enjoy staying up-to-date on current ticketing trends in the entertainment industry as this is an essential element to this position.
Are self-motivating, works with minimal supervision to identify, manage and complete all tasks in a timely manner
Have the ability to perform in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
Are meticulous with the attention to details with impeccable follow-through
Have extraordinary planning and organizational skills
Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
Are a creative problem solver
Love contributing to a positive, collaborative, team-oriented work environment.
Additional Salary Information: We offer a competitive package of work life flexibility, health, dental, and vision benefits. Company paid life insurance, AD&D and Long-Term Disability and 401(k) company match. Short term disability, additional life insurance, paid holidays and paid time off.
About VSTAR Entertainment Group
VStar Entertainment Group is a leading entertainment company and producer of unforgettable live experiences for audiences in the U.S. and internationally. From concept through activation, we imagine and create custom tours featuring original content, and licensed, branded tours that provide highly engaging entertainment for fans of all ages.