This is an exempt position working 37.5 hours per week.
Must be willing to work event schedules including nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares, plans and operates concessions by determining concession needs, staffing events, preparing cash boxes, reconciling safe funds and maintaining inventory.
- Preparing and planning catering by maintaining catering contract, health inspection, business license, insurance and contract fees.
- Purchases inventory for food and beverage by ordering appropriately based on type of event and number of stands, checking invoices for accuracy, writing checks for alcohol purchases, submitting invoices to Accounting department and entering invoices into budget spreadsheet.
- Oversees merchandise sales by collecting percentage of money from performer or group and settling monies. When applicable staffs and oversees merchandise sales by U.S. Cellular Center team members.
- Provides accounting of concession reports by proofing concession stand reports, event report, profit/loss statement, procurement cards and check order requests, submitting reports and reconciling check book.
- Oversees event 'count outs' for all concession events with gross revenues of $30,000 or greater.
- Supervises staff by hiring and training employees, ensuring quality service to patrons, providing necessary monies, responding to and resolving issues, scheduling and proofing payroll.
- Trains, with assistance all part time & temp seasonal staff, as well as volunteer groups in responsible alcohol sales techniques. Ensures all staff serves in compliance with North Carolina ABC laws.
- Responds to calls and emails from promoters, employees, vendors and patrons.
- Enters monies from events into budget codes in Munis accounting program and ensures accuracy of accounts.
- Performs other similar duties as required.
- Associate's degree in Business Administration, Management, Hospitality, Economics or related field, with three (3) to five (5) years of arena/live entertainment experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
Licensing and Certifications:
- Tips/Alcohol Trainer
- Experience with Micros POS and Symphony Inventory Control Software preferred.
Please note: Licensing and Certifications must be obtained with in 6 months of employment.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Comprehensive understanding of the field and application of advanced principles, techniques and theory.
- Ability to interpret, process and use complex workplace data and graphics with abundant information and/or challenging presentations including detailed charts, tables, graphs and forms and/or complicated diagrams or maps.
- Ability to conduct comprehensive research on organizational polices and procedures, best practices and innovative techniques.
- Ability to think creatively for the primary purpose of increasing efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written form.
- Ability to research program documents and narrative materials, and develop reports from information gathered.
- Ability to analyze situations to pinpoint problems and assist with solving problems or identifying sources of obstacles.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships as required by work assignments.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Ability to analyze and interpret policy and procedural guidelines and to apply this understanding to tasks.
- Ability to bring resources together to resolve a problem or provide a solution.
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Occasional outside work or exposure to unpleasant conditions and/or hazards
- Occasional physical effort is required.