| JOB DESCRIPTION |
AEG Management TWN, LLC D/B/A Target Center
POSITION Senior Accountant
SUPERVISOR Director of Finance
FLSA STATUS Exempt/Salaried
LAST UPDATED February 2017
The Senior Accountant plays an important role in the daily functions of Target Center's Finance Department. The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to general accounting functions, monitoring ticket revenue, financial reporting and analysis, event settlements, A/R and A/P processing, cost accounting, asset controls, month/year-end close processing as well as other various administrative and departmental functions.
1. Demonstrate sound accounting practice and skills in processing accounts payable and accounts receivable, preparing and remitting MN Sales & Use tax reports, maintaining revenue reporting schedules, logging and distributing invoices for handling, performing month and year-end duties, investigating and resolving errors, and tracking event expenses and revenues in order to update flash reporting and fore casting models.
2. Responsible for maintaining the accuracy and credibility of the General Ledger by monitoring GL activity, trial balance and key account reconciliations, preparing GL entries and maintaining supporting records, processing daily cash deposits, reconciling cash transactions, and analyzing GL account information to assist in preparing financial statements.
3. Ensure proper and accurate handling of Box Office processes through reconciliation of the department’s monetary process for daily activity of ticketing receipts, by performing random audits of vault cash balances, preparing event settlement journal entries identifying ticket receipts/audits, and assist with cash controls & event night duties. Monitor and maintain ticket revenue rebates and charge backs stemming from Team ticket sales on Veritix ticketing platform.
4. Oversee commissionable sales for premium programs by tracking, calculating and verifying sales.
5. Maintain open communication with managers, clients and customers by researching and interpreting data and effectively responding to questions.
6. Assist in the development and implementation of accounting procedures by analyzing and challenging current procedures for effectiveness and efficiency; provide recommendations and implementation plans for any suggested changes.
7. Continually update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
8. Partner with the Director, Booking, to provide accurate, initial event proformas for potential events.
9. Other duties as assigned.