Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Establishes and maintains active contact and an effective working relationship with the Client/Contract Administrator, tenants, government departments and agencies, sports and entertainment industry, community and civic organizations, as well as, union representatives (where applicable) to encourage continual and regular use of the facilities.
- Monitors compliance with all provisions of SMG’s management services contract and develops and implements facility goals in accordance with the contract, the Client’s objectives, corporate policy, and good business practice.
- Prepares and maintains required and necessary reports/records for the Client/Contract Administrator and for the Corporate Office.
- Directs the development, administration and execution of all financial and operating reports including: preliminary budget, capital expenses, operating revenue, expense budgets, etc.
- Ensures that the facility materials, equipment and supplies are inventoried; additionally approves the purchase of facilities supplies, materials, and athletic equipment as needed.
- Plans, organizes, coordinates and directs all activities and personnel engaged in maintaining and operating the facility, as well as, direction and oversight of the day-to-day operations and the booking and promotion of events.
- Negotiates and provides final approval on all contractual agreements with vendors, and use agreements with event organizers, hosts, managers and producers.
- Assures the coordination, implementation and administration of specific plans and programs prescribed by corporate directives, to include: maintain high-standards for guest services, employee training and development, quality assurance, energy efficiency, safety/emergency procedures, crowd control and crisis management procedures, or other areas as required.
- Oversees the development of the annual business plan, including; event calendar, activity schedules, sales and marketing activities and goals, service objectives and projections for attendance and/or revenue.
- Conduct weekly meetings with senior staff, as well as regular meetings with contract administrator, municipal leaders, marketing/alliance partners, budgeting and staff meetings.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with the Client/Contract Administrator, tenants, government departments and agencies, sports and entertainment industry, community and civic organizations, as well as, union representatives (where applicable) to encourage continual and regular use of the facility.
- Other duties as assigned.
Directly supervises all the senior staff at the location.
This individual must be a well-established leader and professional with a minimum of 5-7 years of industry experience in a senior management level position within a Stadium or Arena. They must have a proven track record of managing and leading large scale facility operations with a diverse workforce. Must have significant experience in the following areas: contract negotiations, supervising personnel, booking, promoting and supervising live entertainment productions, business law, purchasing procedures, plus labor relations and union contracts (if applicable). The incumbent must be able to perform effectively under significant pressure typically associated with meeting the demands and timetables of the industry. Must demonstrate business acumen with a client/customer service focus, and ability to communicate effectively in both written and public speaking forums. Bachelor's Degree (BA) from a four-year accredited college or university with major course work in business or public administration or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient In Word and Excel.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Please send a copy of your most recent resume and cover letter which includes salary requirements to:
SMG- Kansas Expocentre
300 Conshohocken State Road, Suite 450
West Conshohocken, PA 19428
Fax Number – 610-729-1592
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact- 610-729-1074
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.