| Awesome Job: Regional Vice President, Client Development – Venues & Promoters Great Location: Hollywood, San Francisco, Scottsdale |
The Regional Vice President’s (RVP) primary role is to lead a team of account executives (Client Development Directors or “CDDs”), who manage our client relationships, focusing on overall client satisfaction, client profitability, revenue growth and ultimately retention. Additionally, the RVP and team have primary responsibility for sourcing and securing new ticketing accounts. It is critical for the RVP to thoroughly understand the fundamentals of the CDD job—development of account plans, management of the renewal cycle (including RFP management and the development of winning financial proposals), effective client communication, operational problem solving, etc.—as well as Ticketmaster’s overarching strategy and priorities. The RVP must be deeply connected to our clients, principally at the executive level. This allows the RVP to set and adjust priorities as the environment changes, particularly with respect to client needs and the competitive environment. The RVP must successfully balance strategic and operational roles, and display the judgment, work ethic, creativity and commitment to results necessary to make the RVP an outstanding role model for the CDDs.
What you’ll be doing:
• Effective account management and sales knowledge for our industry
• Deep understanding of Ticketmaster’s current corporate positioning and value-proposition
• The characteristics of the segment—industry trends, special needs or requirements, key buying patterns or criteria for clients in this segment, success factors, etc.
• Enough product knowledge (Host, Archtics and ancillary systems) to present the product positively without overstating its capabilities
• Strong knowledge of the competition in this segment and our competitive positioning vs. those firms
• The characteristics of a good CDD (i.e., the skills, experience and personal factors that predict success)
• Internal processes; how to get things done with Ticketmaster (other Field Ops departments, other HQ functions, etc.)
• Establish (and model for the CDDs) high performance expectations on various dimensions (work ethic, attitude, teamwork, creativity, business ethics, etc.)
• Be highly directive in creating plans and evaluating results with all CDDs
• Help the CDDs carry out the territory planning and territory revenue management functions
• Create a development plan for each CDD to improve his/her effectiveness
• Ensure that each CDD receives appropriate product training and skills development
• Set clear, quantifiable objectives/goals in writing: Number of calls per week, Number of executive presentations or demos per month, Number of client and prospect interactions per week or other types of interactions
• Be sure we have a solid account plan in place amongst all clients in the segment • Maintain executive level contact with each client (quarterly conversations with all top accounts and new clients)
• Ensure that client feedback is shared with product management and other functions at Ticketmaster
• Territory planning: Help each CDD assess his/her territory, identifying special opportunities and challenges that exist in each territory, Set growth targets for current clients and help the CDD translate those into action plans, Set new prospect sales targets, Help identify and qualify the specific prospects we want to pursue and win
• Territory revenue management: a quantitative approach to “backing into” the intermediate results and activities that will result in achieving the year’s objectives
• Deal and P&L management: be closely involved in designing solutions, setting pricing, executive selling, setting competitive strategy, deal closing, etc.
• Profitability: make sure that each territory is contributing to Ticketmaster’s overall profitability (GM/ticket, AOI, etc.)
• Forecasting: help make accurate and timely forecasts to help manage the business