| This position operates at the supervisory level requiring general vocational skills for satisfactory job performance. The work of this class involves supervising a wide range of facility changeover, cleaning, and related duties from one event to another; directs the placement of equipment and other properties; and supervises the cleaning of buildings and grounds; and trains new employees. Incumbent works with minimal supervision from an administrative superior and is expected to resolve problems by reference to general work instructions or occupational practices, procedures, and precedents. |
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THE WORK:
The work of this individual involves evening, weekend, holiday, shift-work, and occasional mandatory overtime.
TYPICAL EXAMPLES OF THE WORK:
• Supervises unskilled workers in changeover of facility from one event to another and enforces safety rules and regulations.
• Makes changes in floor layouts at the request of exhibitors, promoters, or others in charge of events.
• Directs the placement of furniture, carpets, draperies, pianos, equipment, and other properties.
• Supervises the cleaning and minor maintenance of buildings and grounds.
• Supervises the storage of furniture and equipment used in production of events.
• Enforces safety rules and regulations
• Trains and monitors new employees.
• Monitors and maintains employee time cards.
• Maintains simple reports on materials and other data.
• Informs superiors of problems with crew and disciplinary actions.
• Communicates with the general public and clients.
• Insures that assignments are completed correctly and on time.
• Ensures that equipment and materials are used properly and efficiently.
• Performs other related work as required.