ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Provide administrative supervision to managers, and general staff.
- In accordance with established guidelines and procedures, provide for the timely and efficient recruitment, selection and training of Engineering personnel coordinated with the Human Resources Department.
- Develop policies and procedures to maximize efficient utilization and scheduling of labor coordinated with maintenance and event requirements.
- Plan and organize long range assignments for Maintenance and Physical Plant and Utility Services divisions.
- Conduct daily/weekly management review meetings with key supervisory staff. Conduct monthly meetings with general staff.
- Implement and maintain programs for inspection of facilities and documentation of work orders (Computer Maintenance Management System) including comprehensive Preventative Maintenance System for all GWCC fixed and movable equipment and building systems.
- Administer outside maintenance and repair contracts.
- Coordinate all inspections with outside regulatory agencies (Fire, Elevator/Escalator, Boiler, Insurance, etc.).
- Develop policies and procedures to monitor and conserve energy consumption (Energy Management System) and compliance with Utility Contracts.
- Review operation of Purchasing Inventory systems and insure proper quantities and types of maintenance and show supplies are on hand. Develop and maintain procedures to insure Engineering Department is ordering proper supplies for maintenance and show requirements in a timely manner. Research and recommend equipment, tools, materials and supplies to fulfill needs of Engineering Department.
- Research and recommend continuing education programs for key technical personnel involved in the operation and maintenance of the building.
- Counsel Engineering department personnel as required.
- Will manage department expenses by forecasting quarterly costs and thus present findings and strategic approach to Senior Management.
- Quarterly and Annual budget forecasting will include: labor, materials, supplies, equipment and utility consumption and recommend policies and procedures to promote efficiency.
- Provide general administrative supervision of Utility Services function and insure planning, delivery of services. Maintain positive working relationships with service contractors, suppliers, utility companies and firms doing business with the GWCC, to promote coordinated services to clients.
- Such other duties, functions, special projects, and responsibilities as required by the Senior Director of Campus Operations.
- Must be able to manage a department of 80 plus professionals that consists of Managers, Supervisors, Leads, and Front Line Employees.
- Will work to Build, mentor and coach the Engineering team by demonstrating innovative problem solving and analytical skills while maintaining a positive, resilient and collaborative can do approach.
- Will be accountable for the entire engineering department by enlisting sound judgment and implementing analytical, creative approaches to solve complex problems.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; evaluating and forecasting performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or related field of study and ten (10) years experience in physical plant maintenance or engineering programs at top management level or equivalent.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Outlook. Ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently while working productively in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment.
- Experience may serve as a substitute on the basis of two (2) years experience for one (1) year of education.