| POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for managing all the details and logistics of rental and plaza events at the Segerstrom Center for the Arts from the initial inquiry through the event. In addition, this position will pursue new business and develop relationships in the community designed to increase rental income and fulfill our strategic initiatives. |
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES>P> Event Coordination
• Provides event management and resource coordination for a new and ongoing effort by the Center to animate the Arts Plaza with performances, events and activities. Works in close coordination with Programming, Education and Concessions/Restaurant/Catering to develop, budget and produce plaza events, concerts and activities both related to ongoing performances as well as independent series that animate the plaza.
• Advises, guides, counsels and meets with clients as necessary regarding rental events.
• Gathers and organizes all information pertinent to the event such as schedule, catering, space, staffing and equipment needs.
• Internal coordination with SCFTA departments and Patina Restaurant Group.
• Respond and track client inquires by providing information and/or directing inquiry to appropriate internal department.
• Advises clients on the operational procedures, policies, rules and regulations and deadlines of the facility.
• Quotes prices for operational and labor services not specified in the License Agreement.
• Provides clear, concise and timely communication of detailed requirements to operational departments.
• Process last minute changes requested by clients, and alerts internal departments and/or service contractors as necessary.
• Must be present during the execution of the event and serve as manager on duty as required.
• Use creativity to offer clients innovative solutions and add value which can be delivered through expertise and experience of large event planning.
Event Sales • Responds to and track all inbound leads.
• Actively recruits community groups for Plaza events.
• Work with Marketing to develop a plan for venue sales.
• Understand SCFTA strategic objectives and target potential community groups in need of space.
• Build strong client relationships and update guest history in order to meet their needs and encourage repeat business Manage client database for prospects. Follow-up with clients periodically to assess any future needs.
• Track and balance beneficial and non-beneficial use of facilities.
• Accountable for meeting rental goals and maximizing use of space.
• Conduct facility tours for prospective clients. Discuss the facility with site selection committees or designated others.
• Establish expansive network including representatives of local groups, and tourism-related industries, such as hotel, travel agencies, etc.
• Participate with community and industry related associations, committee study groups and task forces.
• Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays, as needed. Travel to participate in trade shows and promotional activities on a state, regional and national level if needed.
• Prepares and distributes to client and internal departments in a timely manner an event document detailing all information required for the execution of the event.
• Communicate effectively with clients throughout the booking process ensuring a full understanding of client requirements; identify areas for further business opportunities; liaise with client when on-site to check satisfaction
• Maintains documentation of correspondence.
• Prepares, reviews, and submits final event settlements to Finance. Handles subsequent inquiries regarding event settlements.
• Meets with internal departments as necessary to discuss event requirements.
• Holds pre-event meeting with client and internal departments to review event requirements and logistic