As a Production and Education Assistant you will provide technical, administrative, and logistical support to the Director of Artist Relations and the Manager of Operations by performing assigned duties. May include planning production details for visiting professional artists and working with touring production managers/local production staff to meet the standard of delivery specified by Convocations and the talent. Coordinate production details, artist requirements, and/or contractual obligations on and around day of show, during special events, donor events, and educational events as assigned. Coordinate educational activities associated with public performances including planning activities, preparing and purchasing materials, coordinating/training staff and volunteers, and setting up/facilitating/tearing down at the event as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in business, arts management, education, special event planning, theatre or related field.
- One year prior experience in event planning, complex project management, or related activity.
- Consideration will be given to an equivalent combination of internship and related experience.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and a strong ability to work with individuals of various personality types, sensitivities and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to read, interpret and operate within contractual and budgetary terms.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion with regards to production and artist details; must be able to handle high-pressure situations with patience and flexibility.
- Must be reliable, self-motivated, meticulous with details and possess expert ability to solve problems.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- A valid US or Canadian driver's license.
- Proficient with MS Office computer applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point), internet browsing and social media, and other standard office applications for the Windows environment.
- Capable of working in alternative work environments using mobile computing solutions.
- Experience in production and/or technical tasks within the performing arts.
- Experience handling customer service issues with patience and poise.
- Experience with cash handling.
- Experience in technical theatre.
- This position requires the ability to work nights and weekends as it relates to Purdue Convocations.
- Purdue will not sponsor an employment related visa for this position.
- A Background Check will be required for employment in this position.
- ALL applicants must apply via Purdue's online recruitment system. No other applications/resumes will be accepted.
- FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible for Overtime).
- Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contribution Waiting Period.
- Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.