The successful candidate must have a history of progressively increasing responsibility in management roles with large-scale, high-performing, multi-faceted customer service businesses. He/She will have experience operating as an empowered decision maker at a senior-most level and should have a history of creating and bringing new ideas and strategies to the market; envisioning multiple scenarios.
In addition, the successful candidate needs to demonstrate the ability to relate well to a wide variety of diverse styles, types and classes of employees, customers, and stakeholders. He/She should be open to differences, effective at communicating at all levels of the organization, have demonstrated the ability to build diverse networks, treat differences fairly and equitably and treat everyone as a “preferred customer”.
• Requires 15 to 20 years of progressive work experience within a complex, medium sized environment; the incumbent will have a minimum of 10 years as a senior business leader with executive level responsibility and has been successful in leading a large facility or large venue at a senior level, reporting to the President and/or CEO. The incumbent may already be operating at the CEO or President level in their current position.
• While it is preferred but not required, experience working with a Board of Directors, participating on Industry Boards, and being engaged in the community would be an asset.
• Brings a sense of vision and is strategic and future-oriented in thinking. Able to work with the President & CEO to lead the organization through the development of a strategic plan that will set the direction for the future.
• The General Manager will have the ability to inspire a senior leadership team, workforce, and stakeholders to support our vision – which simply put, is to help our clients create successful events.
• Demonstrates ability in negotiation and navigating complex environments; ability to skillfully represent the needs of the organization and to secure financial and human resources/support to fulfill business strategy.
• Ability to engage with a broad range of staff and stakeholders in the pursuit of organizational vision and goals. A highly effective team builder and leader with experience managing in a complex environment. Has a track-record of outstanding results leading and motivating a team in the pursuit of high achievement.
• Passionate about his/her work and is energized by continuing to move the business forward. Able to deal effectively with numerous deadlines and to assess the numerous tasks that need to be accomplished and establishing clear priorities.
• Goal-oriented and can keep a team focused on the end goal. Remains calm and objective during challenging times. Ability to look for alternative strategies when the business plan is not delivering results. Maintains a culture that continuously looks for ways to advance the business.
• Understands and embraces the importance of taking the appropriate level of risk in the pursuit of important achievements. Brings innovative thinking to opportunities and challenges and fosters creativity throughout the organization.
• Demonstrates an ability to relate to the operational issues facing the organization. Invests a significant amount of time developing an understanding of the business drivers and the critical issues facing the various teams. Sees opportunities and anticipates challenges, analyzes impact, stimulates critical thinking, and challenges rationale. Is considered a major contributor in the achievement of operational and strategic goals and objectives.
• Solid understanding of financial management and reporting with proven success in profit and loss responsibilities.
• Analytical, process-orientated strategist who will build a business focused on organizational intelligence and continuous improvement that ensures all decisions and growth-initiatives are metrics and measurement driven to return the highest ROI for MTCC as well as its customers and clients.
• Ability to troubleshoot, meet deadlines, negotiate, make sound decisions, and be diplomatic.