At the Atlanta Hawks & State Farm Arena, our team is changing the game and entertaining our fans in and out of the arena. As an organization, we rock a bold attitude that focuses on teamwork, authenticity, & innovation. The fans are our passion, and their positive experiences are what propel us to create awesomeness. We work hard and run fast, yet we take the time to appreciate the details in the work we do and celebrate our successes. At the end of the day, we are an entertaining group that strives to do things a little differently and stand out. The Event Manager is responsible for managing, monitoring, and supervising logistics planning and execution of all arena events assigned. This role oversees all event operational matters for NBA team games, various other third party team games, concerts, family shows, religious shows, seminars, sporting events, ice shows, corporate shows and any other type activity scheduled for the campus. RESPONSIBILITIES/DUTIES: · Manages relationships between the Arena and the third party sports teams, clients, promoters, partners & vendors.
· Participates and on occasion conducts a regular departmental meetings with staff when required to communicate information.
· Evaluates Rigging analysis for Concerts/shows or request a structural analysis from an approved Structural Engineer and enforces bridal plan.
· Approves requested event set-ups & associated logistics in the Event Booking program.
· Develops and builds shows from production notes and other forms of communication.
· Develops stage build drawings and notes for conversion staff to build events from required specs.
· Documents & provides notice of any known defects in equipment or work product relating to any aspect of the building or event and follow’s up on those notices.
· Builds touring show capacities from specific production notes and other forms of communication.
· Creates facility maps using Auto CAD Program to include with all pertinent operational information.
· Serves as direct communication link with teams, promoters, or other involved representative in event planning, execution, facility policies & prepares miscellaneous expense estimates for settlement or inter company invoicing.
· Ensures facility safety, readiness and client satisfaction while maintaining arena's best interests and enforcing all facility policies as needed.
· Coordinates and conducts site surveys for future events and attends related meetings to keep projects up to date and help assist booking by speaking to the arenas operational capabilities.
· Conducts physical inspection of all areas of the arena to ensure correct set up and patron safety.
· Interacts, as needed, with Customer Service, problem solving and resolving stressful conflicts in a time-critical manner.
· Works with Box Office on house scaling, production kills and show build.
· Acts as “Manager on Duty” in situations where a senior executive is not present.
· Compose outlines consisting of all show set up needs including venue access, Security and show run times.
· Assembles show costs for billing and settlement in advance of the show.
· Schedules rigging and labor for show load in, show and break down at the promoter’s request.
· Oversees payroll data for any direct reports.
· Excellent communication skills and a proven ability to juggle multiple high priority tasks.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree is required, Master’s degree preferred.
· High School diploma or GED required.
· 2+ years of event management strongly preferred.
· AutoCad LT program knowledge and the ability to utilize these skills efficiently and effectively is strongly preferred.
· Be strong willed and independently self-motivated, take full responsibility for performance/efficiency of assigned events and tasks.
· Proven ability to work collaboratively with diverse groups and establish ongoing
Relationships with clients, partners, production crew and promoters.
· Must be able to follow instructions, respond to management direction, and treat people professionally and with respect at all times.
· Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills, and attention to client satisfaction
· Proficient computer skills in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and AutoCAD.
· Must possess the ability to work long and odd hours as necessary to support the event business objectives.
· Must be able to speak clearly and effectively, through both oral and written skills, communicate thoughts, ideas and work instructions to operational staff, tenants, and facility users about the project they are managing.
· Must be extremely detailed and organized in all communication in both writing & verbally.
· Must have working knowledge of all building setup capabilities, limits and components utilized for each event.
· Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays; and be on-call to build shows when not at the facility.
Working Conditions & Physical Demands:
· Must possess the ability to work a flexible schedule that includes long and odd hours as necessary to support the event business. Ability to lift, push or pull up to 50lbs, working in extreme weather conditions both hot & cold, in rain/snow/windy conditions, standing on feet for long periods of time and at times working in an extremely loud environment.
· The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is not an all-inclusive description. Additional duties, expectations or added job functions etc. may be added or changed to this document on as needed basis in order to meet organizational requirements.
About Atlanta Hawks & State Farm Arena
With a bold identity and strong new ownership, the Atlanta Hawks Basketball Club and State Farm Arena remain committed to making Atlantans proud on the court and off. The 2014-15 Southeast Division Champions, the Hawks made the postseason in 10 consecutive seasons and reached the Eastern Conference Finals for the first time in franchise history in 2015. Off the court, the organization has built a culture of inclusion, diversity and innovation, all with a touch of Southern Hospitality. It continues into the community where the organization builds bridges through basketball, whether by constructing and refurbishing courts in Atlanta neighborhoods, providing scholarships to our basketball camps, or surprising and delighting our fans with unique Atlanta Hawks experiences. Atlanta Hawks Membership, which includes your seat for every home game for the 2018-19 regular season, is on sale now at www.hawks.com/membership or by calling 866-715-1500! For more information on the Hawks, log on to www.hawks.com today or follow us on twitter and Instagram @ATLHawks.