Become one of the stars behind the show and become part of the world’s most powerful entertainment brands. Our Company has one exciting mission: To entertain the human race.
The Guest Services Manager is responsible for providing excellent guest service in all public and premium areas of the Las Vegas Arena / Toshiba Plaza and reports directly to the Director of Guest Services and Security.
This person is responsible for planning, monitoring, directing, delegating, and managing all functions of the Guest Services department.
All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and Las Vegas Arena policies, practices, and procedures.
- Establish the Las Vegas Arena’s positive reputation for premium service and reduce liability by hiring, training, and supervising part-time staff of ushers, ticket takers, premium service reps and supervisors.
- Maintain and support the brand standards and generate positive public relations with Las Vegas Arena guests.
- Manage employees in all areas of responsibility, including, but not limited to, all entrances, Event Level, Main and Upper Concourses, Suite Level, Premium areas and public Elevators.
- Talks with, listens to, or signals others to effectively exchange information; receives or gives direction and effectively works as part of a team by responding to assistance requests throughout the facility.
- Make immediate decisions and communicate with Guest Services staff in emergency situations.
- Maintain open communications between the client, tenants, subcontractors, employees, and facility guests as it relates to the Guest Services staff.
- Review and recommend day-to-day operational policies and procedures for the department.
- Oversee the Guest Services Information Center and its functions within the Las Vegas Arena.
- Ability to maintain uniform standards for all direct reports and non-direct employees of MGM Resorts International and the Las Vegas Arena.
- Research, review, and recommend equipment, materials, and supplies required for the Guest Services Department.
- Maintain inventory of related equipment and prepare budgetary input regarding the use of equipment in the Guest Services area.
- Schedule employees and manage their payroll on a weekly basis, and in a timely fashion without discrepancies or errors.
- Create event estimates and proficiently schedule staff members according to these needs.
- Assist in the management of the Uniform Room including the ordering and maintenance of par stock levels
- Collaborate with Event Managers and clients in planning events at the Las Vegas Arena.
- Build and maintain an effective working relationship with the food service provider for the Las Vegas Arena to ensure quality customer service and presentation quality during events and private functions.
- Work with Guest Services staff in managing large crowds under constantly changing event environments.
- Manage Human Resources responsibilities for assigned department(s) to include: creating a work environment that promotes teamwork, performance feedback, recognition, mutual respect and employee satisfaction; quality hiring, training and succession planning processes that encompass the company’s diversity commitment; adherence to the company’s status quo third party representation philosophy; compliance with company policies, legal requirements and collective bargaining agreements.
- Communicate and make recommendations to the Director of Security & Guest Services regarding issues that may require further attention.
- Other job related duties as requested.
Must be at least 21 years of age.
Bachelor’s degree in Hotel Management, Business Administration, Hospitality or equivalent education or experience.
At least 5 years’ experience in an arena environment working events, preferably sporting events, concerts, and game management and production.
Must have experience in dealing with ticketing issues and resolutions as it relates to guests.
Excellent customer service skills.
Ability to lead and mentor a team.
Interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
High School diploma or equivalent.
Working knowledge of PC software programs (MS Word, Excel, Access, Outlook).
Ability to effectively communicate in English, in both oral and written form.
Experience in scheduling internal staff and third party vendors. Kronos system knowledge.
Previous experience working in an entertainment facility.
Additional Salary Information: No relocation assistance
Annual performance bonus
Internal Number: 119361
About T-Mobile Arena - MGM Resorts Int'l
MGM Resorts International develops, builds and operates unique destination resorts designed to provide a total resort experience, including first-class accommodations and dining, world-class entertainment, state-of-the-art meeting and convention facilities, and high-quality retail and gaming experiences.
With 77,000+ employees, the Company is one of the world's leading global hospitality and entertainment companies with 23 resorts. We’re proud to be recognized for our commitment to being socially responsible, including an industry-leading diversity and inclusive culture, community engagement and philanthropy initiatives, and a commitment to environmentally sustainable approaches in development and operations.
While we operate leading resorts and amenities, ultimately it is the people of MGM Resorts who make the difference daily by providing the ultimate guest experience. We welcome you to join us.
If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact our Corporate Diversity and Disability Outreach department at 1-844-247-0370 or em...ail firstname.lastname@example.org.